- Share to the general public the most recent scientific information on 1) Sardinella tawilis and 2) Lake Taal which led to the declaration of Sardinella tawilis as an endangered species according to the IUCN
- Provide a venue for a discussion among various stakeholders on plans which will lead to a better understanding as to why the Sardinella tawilis had been declared as endangered and the steps to be undertaken which will lead to its conservation and management
- Come up with a PSFS Declaration on its stand regarding the declaration of Sardinella tawilis as an endangered species and the plans towards its conservation and management
The whole-day event will culminate with the reading of the PSFS Declaration, which will summarize the key points of discussion from the various stakeholders and participants and come up with the official PSFS stand on the declaration of Sardinella tawilis as an endangered species. This declaration will be submitted to the appropriate government agencies for their perusal. Furthermore, it is hoped that after the event, all stakeholders will have a better grasp of the science behind the declaration of the S. tawilis as an endangered species for everyone to come up with unified actions for its conservation and management which will be beneficial to all parties concerned.
150 -200 (Lectures and entire program will be bilingual)
- PSFS members
- Academe (faculty and students)
- Researchers (including members of the TVPL Research Council)
- TVPL PAMB member institutions (includes LGUs)
- Representatives of the fisherfolk community (KMMLT)
- DENR R4A
9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Master of Ceremonies: Dr. Richard Thomas B. Pavia
Opening Prayer—UST CS Glee Club
Welcome Remarks—UST Rector / VRRI
Opening Remarks—PSFS President
Short Message from USAID
Part 1: Lecture (30 minutes each)
Moderator: Dr. Jonathan Carlo A. Briones
Keynote: Acad. Dr. Mudjekeewis Santos
“The IUCN assessment of Sardinella tawilis as an endangered species”
Dr. Ma. Theresa M. Mutia
”Tawilis fishery reserves and spawning grounds”
Assoc. Prof. Jonas Quilang
”Phylogeny of S. tawilis”
Assoc. Prof. Alicia Ely J. Pagulayan, M.Sc.
”Reproductive biology of S. tawilis”
Prof. Rey Donne S. Papa
”Updates on the limno-ecological studies on Lake Taal”
Atty. Ipat Luna
Management and conservation initiatives in the TVPL
Part 2: Round Table Discussion
Rapporteur: Prof. Roberto C. Pagulayan, Ph.D.
Asst. Prof. Dr. Francis Magbanua
Prof Emeritus Dr. Macrina Zafaralla
RD Atty. Paz Luna, DENR 4A
RD Wilfredo Cruz, BFAR 4A
Reading of the PSFS Declaration
Closing Remarks—Prof. John Donnie A . Ramos, Ph.D.
Registration is already closed.
For inquiries, please email email@example.com